Friday, April 10, 2015

I is for INEL (or INL as some write)

INL is a Federal Research Facility in eastern Idaho. It is where Dana has worked throughout her career as a borehole geophysicist. Funky I know. Why that? 'cause I like geophysics that's why.

Initially I thought INEL was part of the whole WWII group of facilities. You know Hanford, Fermi, White Sands and all those other places whose existence is denied. Like Area 51. Kidding. Or at least I think I am. Hopefully black helos won't be landing in my front yard tonight.....

Anyway, it is part of the fictional story of Dana Turner one of the MCs in River and Ranch and New Grass Growing. It does exist, in reality, in eastern Idaho.

You can read up on INL (its current name) in yet one more well done Wikipedi article.

No comments:

Post a Comment