Saturday, April 18, 2015

P is for Pahsimeroi

It's a river and a valley. There's a fish hatchery. May is a tiny little place with a post office. I hope to get there someday. Alderspring Ranch is in the Pahsimeroi Valley somewhere near May I think. It is one of the Idaho ranches I thought about while conjuring up Cayuse Creek and the sidebar-T, that appears in River and Ranch and New Grass Growing. There is a roadless area and I believe there are (or were) wolves in the area. Hope I can get there someday. I drove by it many times, back when I was younger and maybe a bit dumber and never even knew or thought about the Pahsimeroi. ah well. Links below are to sources worth a scan or a read. Rather than copy them and add little value, linking to them, so their own words can be read seems better.
a video from the Pahsimeroi
notes from a newspaper editor
Alderspring Ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment